Going into this week between Christmas and New Year's Day, known to some as "vacation" and others as "Kwanzaa," there were only a few things that could have waken me out of hibernation, prompting a text longer than 140 characters. Eight things, to be exact:
1. Video of Michelle Obama from a never-released Uncle Luke video surfacing.
2. Video of Barack Obama from a never-released Uncle Luke video surfacing.
3. Sasha Obama being implicated in a Sidwell Friends multiplication test cheating scandal.
4. 2 Chainz showing up at my house, wanting his hair braided. Aunt obliging.
5. Word getting out that Kim Kardashian is pregnant.
6. Trinidad James taking me on a sweaty shopping spree.
7. High school basketball phenom Jabari Parker reneging on his commitment to Duke, deciding instead to play at Dartmouth.
8. A Waffle House opening in Manhattan.
Well, wouldn't you know it, no. 5 took place in the wee hours of December 31, New Year's Eve, 2012.