Rodham, the upcoming biopic about Hillary Clinton's early years, has secured a director: James Ponsoldt, responsible for Sundance hits Smashed (2012) and The Spectacular Now (2013). All I really care about is that we're now one step closer to the hot, young Bill Clinton casting reveal. Whoaaaaaaa, that sax is on fiiiiiiyeerrrrr. In other directing news, the four-hour HBO Frank Sinatra miniseries will be helmed by Alex Gibney (We Steal Secrets: The Story of WikiLeaks).
- Gwyneth Paltrow on kissing and making up. Insert raw-food diet joke here.
- Under Siege, before talkies. "I watched all eight and a half minutes of this." Me too, bro. Me too.
- As we celebrate the Webby Awards winners, let us not forget where we came from: the very first website. What a "large universe of documents"!
- Chris Hardwick hits late night on Comedy Central this fall, with showrunners Thomas Lennon and Robert Ben Garant. Funny or Die is co-producing. The '90s feel so far away.
- 1: This man's life savings was $2,600. 2: He spent it all on a banana with dreadlocks. 3: He's planning to sue because he's convinced the carnival game (Tubs of Fun) on which he blew all of his money was rigged. 4: It's absolutely impossible that this is "the first time in [his] life" that he's been a sucker.
- Downton Abbey's Lily James has been cast in Disney's live-action Cinderella alongside Cate Blanchett.
- YOU BELIEB OR YOU DIE.
- What you do with the porn parody of Parks and Recreation (Porks and Recreation, naturally) is between you and Ron Swanson's mustache. And that's a safe space.