In case you were out living a life of leisure, here's what you missed in sports on Wednesday.
Since July 11 was the slowest sports night of the year, we hired renowned Dutch digital abstract artist E.V. Emmmph to change things up and make visual representations of each item. Please enjoy it — he was very expensive and very difficult to work with.
- Sources are reporting that the Brooklyn Nets and Orlando Magic made a last failed effort to execute a Dwight Howard trade, but that talks have now ended. Emmmph's image.
- Knicks coach Mike Woodson said the team plans to match the offer made to Jeremy Lin by the Houston Rockets. Emmmph's image.
- New Lakers point guard Steve Nash told reporters that he and Kobe Bryant are dedicated gym rats. Emmmph's image.
- Sources report that the Brooklyn Nets and center Brook Lopez agreed to a four-year, $60 million deal. Emmmph's Image.
- Drew Brees and the New Orleans Saints are still millions apart in their ongoing contract negotiations, a person familiar with the team said. Emmph's image.
- Charles Barkley fired back at Kobe Bryant, saying the 1992 Dream Team would beat the current version, and that only three players from this year's squad would have made the roster in '92. Emmph's image.
- The Trail Blazers and Timberwolves are discussing a trade that would send forward Nicolas Batum to Minnesota, sources say. Emmmph's image.
- The Dallas Mavericks have agreed to a one-year, $8 million deal with free-agent center Chris Kaman. Emmmph's image.