From the majesty of rhythmic gymnastics (seriously!) to our insanely attentive coverage of Team USA basketball, here's Grantland's coverage of the 2012 Summer Olympics from London.
FROM BILL SIMMONS
• The London Chronicles, Vol. 7: The Olympic Mega-Bag
The Sports Guy wraps up his trip to London with actual letters from actual readers.
• The London Chronicles, Vol. 6: The Mailbag That Wasn't
We interrupt the Olympic Games to bring you this shift of NBA power, courtesy of Dwight Howard and the Lakers.
• The London Chronicles, Vol. 5: Olympic Hoopalooza
The Sports Guy abandons his pre-Olympics pledge and reports on all four of Wednesday's matchups.
• The London Chronicles, Vol. 4: Great Britain Lives Up to Its Name
Everything, even the weather, fell into place during the greatest weekend in U.K. sports history.
• The London Chronicles, Vol. 3: Swimming vs. Gymnastics
Every four years, two iconic sports attempt to captivate our lives — but which one has the edge?
• The London Chronicles, Vol. 2: Handball! (Handball?) Handball!
When everything at the Olympics is a long walk away, you tend to find yourself sucked into whatever sport is next to you.
• The London Chronicles, Vol. 1: The 10th Checkpoint
It's a trip four decades in the making, but the Sports Guy finally finds himself at the Summer Olympics.
• Destiny Is Ruthless
How do you explain the U.S. Women's National Team and their gold-medal performance?
• Faster, Higher, Snarkier
How the Olympics telecast makes us a nation of media critics.
• The Rap Genius Olympics
How exactly are hip-hop and the Olympics related? Just take a look at Rap Genius.
• The Most Ridiculous Medal Record in Olympic History
A look into the GDR's remarkable feat in Olympic rowing.
• Men's Synchronized Swimming Is No Laughing Matter
Thirty years out from a Martin Short SNL skit, synchronized swimming deserves to be taken seriously.
• The Nadeshiko Revolution
Japan's women's soccer team plays Tiki-Taka without the tedium.
• No Legs Good, Two Legs Bad
Does Oscar Pistorius have an unfair advantage?
• Mr. Marlowe, I Presume
The Californiacation of Olympics announcing.
• Gravity's Rainbow
On McKayla Maroney's silver-medal vault performance.
• The Fifth Grand Slam?
Andy Murray and the undeniable oddness of Olympic tennis.
• Justin Gatlin Doesn't Want a Hug
The 30-year-old sprinter does want to be loved, though, as he attempts an unlikely comeback.
• Bounce! Bounce! Bounce!
How the trampoline became an Olympic event.
• Flipping the Switch
Usain Bolt and the 'On-Off Switch' sports theory.
• You Should Be Watching Men's Indoor Volleyball
And we're so not kidding about this.
• How to Boost Your Medal Count in Seven Easy Steps
On the economics of Olympic success.
• The Anthem Olympics
Which national anthem deserves the gold medal?
• Savile D'Oh!
Taking a look at the crimes against fashion in the first week of the Olympic games.
• The Official, Comprehensive Olympic Glossary
A one-stop shop for all Olympic terms and jargon.
• Blitzed by Glitter
A look at the dreaded Amanar vault and how it might be the key to a USA women's gymnastics victory.
• The Wide World
One fan shares how he picks his own Olympic team from this year's crop.
• You Should Really Be Watching Olympic Handball
It's a combination of Americans' favorite sports — really!
• Why I Won't Be Watching Olympic Boxing
A lifelong fight fan swears off the bouts at the Games.
• A Case of Olympism
One Olympics addict unravels a lifelong obsession.
• What If the 2012 Olympics Had Been in New York?
Exmaining the pipe dreams and real accomplishments of the city's failed bid.
• Long Run to Freedom
No country knows the extent of the IOC's power better than South Africa.
• Marathon Man
Long-distance Olympic swimmer Alex Meyer has an unusual capacity for tolerating pain — which is exactly why he's one to watch in London.
• Leap Year
There's an uneasy tension among U.S. women's hurdlers Lolo Jones, Dawn Harper, and Kellie Wells. But it's not a fellow countrywoman they need to worry about.
• Sparkle Motion
As it turns out, we kind of like rhythmic gymnastics. (Seriously!)
• American Girls
Whom to watch in this year's Summer Games.
KEEPING UP WITH TEAM USA